THE “HOLIDAY CASH FOR OUR TOP FAN” CONTEST BY UNIFORM ADVANTAGE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Before entering and participating in the THE “HOLIDAY CASH FOR OUR TOP FAN” CONTEST BY UNIFORM ADVANTAGE (the “Contest”), you must read and sign these Official Rules. You agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements in paragraph 1 below.
1. Sponsor. ZIER, INC. D/B/A UNIFORM ADVANTAGE (“SPONSOR”) IS THE SOLE SPONSOR OF THIS CONTEST. FACEBOOK, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Contest, not affiliated with this Contest, and does not sponsor, endorse, approve or have any responsibility for this Contest.
2. Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS (“CONTESTANTS”), AGE 18 OR OLDER ON OR BEFORE November 1st 2012, WHO RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES, WITH THE EXCEPTION THAT THE CONTEST IS NOT OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF PUERTO RICO or other U.S. Territories. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, you must, during the Contest Period, enter the contest by signing up via the Top Fan link on the Uniform Advantage Facebook page. In addition, contestants must be actively employed within the medical industry or enrolled in school pursuing a degree in the medical field. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, its parent, and any of its affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. This Contest is governed by Florida law. All applicable federal, Florida and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void where prohibited. Contestants who have won a Uniform Advantage contest in the past 12 months are not eligible for the grand prize.
3. Contest Period. The Contest commences on November 1ST, 2012, and continues until December 31ST, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Deadline”). Sponsor may extend the Deadline at its sole discretion. Any extension to the Deadline will be posted on Sponsor's Website - www.uniformadvantage.com. The names of the grand prize winner and 4 runner-ups will be posted on the Sponsor’s Facebook page on January 2nd, 2013.
4. Determination of Winners. After the Contest launch, Facebook fans may enter the contest on the Sponsor’s Facebook page. At that point, they can earn points through the Ultimate Fan Facebook App by actively participating on the UA Facebook page. FAQ’s and rules about awarded points will be posted on the UA Facebook page and UA blog. The general public will have the opportunity from November 1ST, 2012 until December 31st, 2012, to contribute to the UA Facebook page and subsequently gain “participation points”. The Sponsor will consider the top Facebook fan with the most points to be the (1) grand prize winner and the subsequent (4) participants to be runner-ups to win the runner-up prizes. The Contest is a contest of skill. The determination of the Contest prize winner is a subjective determination made by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Any cheating or perceived cheating, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will disqualify Contestants. One prize per qualified entrant that is deemed a winner.
5. Prizes. One Grand Prize winner will be awarded a $100 UA gift certificate, and 4 runner-up winners will be awarded $25 gift certificates to the contestants in the top five leader board positions at the end of the contest period with the highest ranking on the Ultimate Fan App powered by Booshaka on Facebook.
The names of the grand prize winner and 4 runner-ups will be posted on the Sponsor’s Facebook page on January 2nd, 2013. Prizes not claimed within three (3) days will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize listed above. Limit one prize per winning entrant. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. No prize is exchangeable for cash.
* Winning Contestants are responsible for all taxes and fees payable as a result of any prize received.
6. Sponsor Ownership of Entries. All materials submitted by participants as part of the Contest (the “Materials”), along with all copyright, trademark, rights to publicity and other proprietary rights associated with them, become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to any Contestant. By submitting Materials to the Sponsor, you represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to the Sponsor free and clear of any claims or encumbrances. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Sponsor will own all rights to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit the Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without any compensation to you or any other person or entity and in connection therewith may use the appearance, likeliness and voice of any person contained therein in any reproduction or distribution thereof. You hereby waive any right to inspect or approve any distribution or reproduction of the Materials. You agree to take, at Sponsor’s expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor’s ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph 6.
7. Collection of Information. You will be required to provide your name, e-mail address, home address and state of residence. Sponsor will not sell, rent or otherwise transfer this information to any third party, nor will Sponsor use this information for marketing purposes not related to this Contest without your consent, except as stated in paragraph 6 above.
8. General Release. By entering the Contest, you release Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
9. Disclaimer. Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and advertising and promotional agencies will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost or misrouted submissions; (b) any scheduling errors or delays; (c) equipment, telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other related malfunctions or failures; (d) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
10. Affidavit. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility.
11. Winners List; Rules Request. a copy of the winners' list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope any time during the Contest Period, and up to six months after the Deadline to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Sarah Arndt. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Sarah Arndt.
12. Copyright Notice. The Contest is copyrighted © 2012 ZIER, Inc. All rights reserved.
13. Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of Florida and the United States. Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant’s participation in the Contest should causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper conduct of the Contest or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Contestants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other Contestant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor is not obligated to post, display, or otherwise make public any Materials submitted by you. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Materials that you submit to the Sponsor. By submitting Materials to the Sponsor, you waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to the Materials. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to [email protected] or send written questions to Uniform Advantage Contest, P.O. Box 17897, Plantation, Florida 33318.
I AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES INCLUDING THE AUTHORIZATION, RELEASES AND DISCLAIMERS CONTAINED IN THESE RULES. I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND SPONSOR’S INTERPRETATIONS OF THESE CONTEST RULES AND DETERMINATIONS.